Wednesday, September 8, 2010

About the Blog

Growing up on the edge of the Allegheny National Forest, among black bears, bald eagles, pristine streams, clear starry skies, and other natural surroundings, instilled in me love and respect for the environment. As an adult, I have become more and more aware of how our every day behaviors have significant impacts on the environment.  Things like driving work, using styrofoam products and sleeping with the television on aren't of much concern when one person does it, but when it is the norm for entire society the impacts are significant. This semester I will blog about my quest to trounce my "green guilt."  I will be discovering ways to make lifestyle changes to decrease my impact on the environment.  I'll talk about how my quality of life is affected, the strain on my checking account, and if I'm actually decreasing my impact. Each week, I will blog about a new topic, it will range from product reviews, to commentary on a study, to interviews with a local farmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment